Friday, December 14, 2012

Evaluations and Birthday Cakes!


Monday, December 10
We were all nervous today for our “big evaluation.”  Our studying and review session probably did very little to help us because it was more of an evaluation on our overall fluency in reading, writing, listening and talking.  We all did just fine and Hector was not surprised by the level any of us are on.  He said we all need to work on learning more vocabulary, but overall we are progr  essing as we should.

Amanda and I headed to Turrialba to grocery shop and buy bus tickets for this weekend.  We thanked God for how smoothly our travels went… we caught each bus we needed just as it was ready to go.  We even passed by my teacher’s house on a bus we don’t normally take.  I was even thinking today about how I am not afraid to go to Turrialba by myself now.  I was shocked by that thought, but I actually realized that know enough to get by on my own. 




Tuesday, December 11
We spent time in class today searching the Internet for information for our presentation on the “Festival de la Luz.”  We plan on attending it this weekend with our friends from our church in Raleigh who also live in Costa Rica.


 It is Hector’s birthday, but he never came to CISA today.  We had presents for him and I even made a cake for him (well… let’s be honest: I may have made the cake because I wanted to eat cake). We had a party for him over Skype because he was in San José with his parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment