Thursday, February 14, 2013

Will you be my Valentine?


Wednesday, February 13
Amanda and Deidre left at 4:30 this morning for their trip to Panama.  Eddie spoke to them this afternoon, and they have arrived safely (but not without mishaps).  At one point the bus stopped at a rest stop and they were using the bathroom and buying snacks.  The cashier was new, and he was taking a long time to complete their transaction.  The bus left without them!  Their bags were still on the bus!  They quick grabbed a taxi and the taxi caught up with the bus… Praise the Lord!

During class today, Sonia and I made a little craft for everyone for Valentine’s Day.  She found it on Pintrest and brought all the supplies to class today.  
She also brought a fitness magazine for me to practice reading in Spanish.   She was trying to prove to me that I know a lot of Spanish.  She had me read a paragraph and then counted the words.  There were 95 and there was only one that I didn’t understand!  It is interesting to see that even though talking in Spanish correctly is still difficult for me, I really am learning.





After class, Eddie and I worked on our presentation for tomorrow.  Then he had a meeting with Hector and Josué.  I stayed home with Jaden and made English Toffee, and had craft time with Jaden.  He sat in his seat and colored in a coloring book for a good 20 minutes while I made a card for Eddie.  Eventually he started using the colored pencils as drum sticks, but he continued to be content to just sit with me at the table and play.  I love those precious moments and have to remind myself to cherish them now while he is still young!
English Toffee "Pieces"









Thursday, February 14
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Hector allowed Eddie and I to have class together today with both of our teachers, Ana and Sonia, since Amanda and Deidre were not here today.  We prepared our culture class presentation together.  We wrote a little drama about a first date on Valentines’ Day and then talked about some basic facts about chocolates, flowers and cards that are purchased and given on Valentine’s Day.

FUN FACT: 
Did you know that 15% of American women send themselves flowers on Valentine’s Day? 

At the end of our presentation, Eddie read a poem that he wrote for me in Spanish 
(and it even rhymed)!  How sweet!

Everyone passed out a little Valentine to everyone else and we had an enjoyable morning.  Hector came into our class to tell us that he had a new plan for the upcoming weeks for us.  Next week, Deidre and I are going to have Patricia for a teacher.  Eddie and Amanda will continue with Ana.   Then, after Amanda leaves, Eddie, Deidre and I will all have class together because he believes that we are all basically on the same level.  I have to disagree… Eddie and Deidre both speak more than I do, but I am up for the challenge.  Please pray that I will be diligent in my studies to try to catch up to him.

After break time, Sonia and Ana planned a little competition between Eddie and I.  They asked us questions about each other and we got a point if we got it right.  We ran out of time to finish the game, but here is the score for now:

We also celebrated another graduation at CISA.  Michelle is from Switzerland and she has been here for the past month.  She is leaving this week, but will return in 3 weeks to travel to Chirripo with us.  So it is not "goodbye" but "see you later."
Eddie and I wanted to treat Ryan and Kirsten to a date night so we offered to watch their kids so that they could go out!  They offered to repay us the favor if we want to go out tomorrow night.  We ate dinner with the kids and watched “A Bee Movie.”  It was pretty funny, and I even got to practice my Spanish by reading the subtitles in Spanish.  Thanks, Netflix!

Before dinner, Eddie played a round of hide and seek with the kids.  It was pretty funny to watch Jaden join in on the fun.  He caught on quickly that he needed to hide quietly…
 and to scream loudly when found! 

Jaden enjoys playing with their train set.
We had fun with the kids and hope to do it again soon before we have to leave (which is in about 6 weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment