Monday, November 12, 2012

Hola, Mom and Dad!


Sunday, November 11
Today was a day for another adventure for Eddie and for my parents.  They were supposed to arrive in San José today at 12:30 pm and Eddie planned to pick them up from the airport.

This was the plan:  Eddie and Rysen would take the 7:00am bus from Tuis to Turrialba.  Then they would take the 8:00 bus to San José and arrive around 10:00.  Rysen and Eddie wanted to explore San José so that is why they wanted to leave early.  There is a pretty big mall in San José, so they were going to do some shopping.  Then they would take a taxi to the airport by 12:30 to get my parents and the rental car and drive back to Tuis with the help of a GPS and in the daylight.

Well, things did not go as planned.  Eddie left the house at 6:50 to catch the 7:00 bus with Rysen.  At 7:02, I got a phone call from my mom.  She told me that they had a mechanical problem with the plane in Chicago and it had already been delayed an hour and a half.  That means they missed their connecting flight in Miami.  That means we had no idea what time they would actually arrive in San José or if it would even be today. 

The next obstacle to overcome was to get a hold of Eddie to tell him.  Between us, we only have one Costa Rican phone (because we are usually together).  I just assumed I would be able to use Samia’s phone or Jimena’s phone when they woke up.  Well, Jimena’s phone is broken and Samia’s phone was close to being out of minutes.  Freddy and José Pablo are out of town this weekend.  When I finally called Eddie from Samia's phone, he didn’t answer.  I even called his mom in Florida to ask her to call Amanda in Costa Rica to call Eddie in San José to tell him my parents flight in Chicago was delayed… whewww… did you catch all that?  I also sent her a Facebook message and an email to ask her to call Eddie and tell him what was happening.
Thank you, Alexandra, for letting me use your phone!!!
... and for letting Jaden play in the bed of your dad's truck.

(By the way, praise God, Jaden slept in again today so I could focus on figuring this out while he slept peacefully)

Finally, he got the message.  He and Rysen decided to still take the bus to San José because they wanted to explore anyway.  I then got a message from my mom that their flight was taking off in 15 min. and that they were going to try to catch the next flight out of Miami that they could give them.  I checked out the flights on the Internet and saw one that arrived in San Jose at 2:15pm and another one at 9:30pm.  I prayed they would catch the 2:15.  I passed along the info to Amanda (via Facebook) who passed it on to Eddie (via Costa Rican telephone)

Once my parents landed and found out when they could depart from Miami, my mom called me again.  The airline booked them for the 9:30 flight, but then bumped them up to the 2:15 flight.  That means, their bags may or may not be on the plane with them. Ahhh!  Now to pass along the info to Amanda to pass it to Eddie (THANK GOD FOR TECHNOLOGY OR NONE OF THIS WOULD BE POSSIBLE).  I could not call Eddie using Jimena’s phone because it was broken… Samia left for work at the resturant… I wasn’t sure if Amanda still had internet access because she was going shopping.  I needed to go outside to the plaza or the neighbor’s house and ask if I could use someone’s phone to call Eddie.  

Thank God, our neighbors were home and happily allowed me to use their phone.  Amanda also sent her phone with a friend to my house so I could use it the rest of the afternoon.  I am so thankful for the people God has surrounded me with.  It is a reminder that you cannot do this thing called LIFE on your own.  God puts the right people in your life at just the right time!   I give Him ALL the glory!

After there was nothing else I could do and I didn’t need to stay close to WiFi, Jaden finally got a chance to play outside.  This is all he wanted to do:

Now, I am just waiting to hear the results of this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment