Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Siloe Lodge


Tuesday, November 14

Exhaustion is setting in and this week is not slowing down.  So much for the “slower” lifestyle of Costa Rica… we feel just as busy as ever!  We love every second of it (but we also enjoy a good nights rest to keep us fueled). 

Everyday around 10:00, we have break time.  I usually spend this time actually taking a break.  Not today.  I felt like I was back working in my Kindergarten classroom when a “break” meant that I just had some time to work with out being interrupted by Kindergarteners.  Today, I spent break time working on homework for the next day… just so that I would have less to do it tonight after hanging out with my parents.  Amanda and Eddie also worked during break time, too. 

We also spent time in class doing our Bible homework and planning our weekend trip.  We ended class today with Rysen and I sharing about how we met our “significant others.”  Sonia even asked if I had pictures of my wedding day?  (Do I have pictures?!?  She must not know me very well!!!)

After class, during lunch, we discussed more of our weekend plans with the other students.  Since we are planning a trip with my parents, we thought it would be fun for Rysen, Amanda and Jennea to join us.  The problem is… it is just not that simple.  We don’t all fit in one car… there is no rental car place near by… they would have to take a bus and that would take them between 6-8 hours.  We have been trying to weigh our options, and Rysen has been motivated to research hotels, car rentals, bus services, and anything we ask…   It looks like our plan is forming though… We hope to leave Thursday after school.
After lunch, we hurried over to Rancho Naturalista to pick up my parents and all their luggage. 

They were checking out of their hotel and we brought them to”Siloe Lodge: Bed and Breakfast” today.  Their theme is: Green and Quiet. 


 There is a pool there, so Jaden had a blast (until he started shivering and I made him dry off and get dressed).  













He was happy again when Eddie arrived with his Titi Amanda, Jennea, and Rysen.  We planned to go to dinner at a near by restaurant and that Eddie would just have to make two trips in the car to get us all there.   He took the three of them first and returned for me and my parents and Jaden.  When he got back, we were talking with the hotel owners, and were not really paying attention…  The first thing I heard out of his mouth was, “The kids are in the trunk…” 


He informed us that the restaurant was closed and we would all drive to Turrialba.  They were proving that they could all fit in the teeny-tiny trunk.  Probably not a good idea, but we were weak in the moment…

We decided on a restaurant called “Club Café.”  For dinner… we did our best to translate the menu for my parents and ourselves… and enjoyed a delicious dinner.  Thanks, Mom and Dad!

PS... this is all that Jaden wanted to do at the restaurant:  Play Play Play!!!

We headed home soon after because, even though it was only 7:00 at night, it felt like 10…  We still have a busy week ahead of us… it is only Tuesday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment