Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hummingbirds and more Hummingbirds


Monday, November 12

Today was a regular Monday morning that started with fitness class at 7:00am.  In class, Rysen and I played Memory with the opposite flashcards.  Guess who was the winner and guess who was the cheater…


Okay, I only won the first game, we tied the second, and he won the third… but only because he finally put his phone down and started concentrating on the game rather than texting…












After lunch, we headed to Rancho Naturalista with Eddie and I went with Amanda to visit my parents at the hotel.  They spent the morning learning a lot about the serious bird watchers / bird photographers who are also staying at their hotel.   Check out one of the many cameras stationed near the bird viewing area:

When we got there, we spent some time taking pictures of several hummingbirds hovering around.

Eddie and I wanted to take advantage of the fact that we had a car for a week and wanted to do some serious grocery shopping (mostly for several big packs of diapers and wipes).  We also decided that I should have a cell phone, too.  Amanda offered to stay at our house and babysit Jaden so he could eat and take a nap and she could do some homework.  That was sooo helpful!

We also needed to stop at the other hotel my parents were interested in staying in on the way to Turrialba.  It is a bed and breakfast called “Siloe.”  It is such a cute little place and very inexpensive.  It is an easy 15 min. drive from our house in Tuis, and we would love for our future visitors to stay there… HINT, HINT…

My parents are moving there tomorrow for two nights, and then we have plans to go sightseeing with them for the remainder of the week. 

After a very successful trip to Turrialba, we headed home.  My parents had to be back at the hotel for dinner at 6:00 and we pulled in at 5:55… perfect timing.  The not so perfect part was that their bags still had not arrived.  Thankfully, while they were eating dinner, the bags were delivered!!! Praise the Lord!!!

Eddie and I headed home for dinner with our family and to give Amanda a ride home.  After dinner, we took Freddy and the kids to meet my parents.   Freddy has to leave tomorrow and won’t be home until Friday.  If he didn’t meet them tonight, he would not have met them this whole week. 

It was a riot listening to my mom try to speak what little Spanish she knows (with “interesting” pronunciation, by the way).   Jimena, Jose Pablo, and Freddy got a chance to practice their English, too.  It was so much fun.  Plus, my mom brought us presents!  Well…candy for us, games for the kids, and toys for Jaden.  





They also brought the cleats that Jose Pablo requested (because they are so expensive to buy in Costa Rica)… He is so excited about them!  He said they are even nicer than the ones that he picked out on the Internet.

We did not get home until after 9:00 and I am writing this instead of doing my homework.  I guess I better get going!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment