Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More Christmas Traveling


Tuesday, December 25
Today is the day we remember our Lord and Savior’s birth.  As I look back on the past few days, I recall many happy moments spent with family.  Although I am grateful for those moments, nothing can outshine the joy I feel when I think about the love that God has for me and all of his children.  His willingness to send his son as a helpless baby into a dark and sinful world just to bring us hope an salvation is beyond my comprehension… but I am thankful for it.  Check out Luke 2 for more on the true meaning of Christmas!  We often have so much keeping us busy during the holiday season, but for the past several years I have experienced much peace and quiet on the actual day of Christmas (my family often celebrates it in advance to accommodate for other families parties that my siblings attend with their spouses).  Therefore, it is a day to reflect and experience peace.  

We didn’t do much else today.  We slept in and got packed and ready for our trip tomorrow morning.  We also had a chance to spend some time with my parents, my sister Alison, and my brother Keith, his wife Megan, and his daughter Olivia. 


We said our goodbyes and I am grateful for every precious moment I got with my family.  I feel so blessed to be going through the experience of a lifetime in Costa Rica, but also that God arranged our plans to include time with our families too.  Family is important, and I wouldn’t want to miss out on it completely.  I wouldn't be the person I am with out them!  






Wednesday, December 26 - A Berrios Christmas!
We had an early morning trip to the airport and even left Jaden in his ‘jammies.  Thankfully, Jaden slept on the plane and we want to give a shout out to our favorite airline: SOUTHWEST!  After a quick flight, we met Damien at the airport and gathered our luggage.  He drove us to his home all the while talking about his new experience as a new daddy.  It is awesome to see this lovey-dovey-mushy side of my brother-in-law.  He loves being a dad, and fatherhood has changed him deeply.

We drove up to the house and had our first glimpse of Olivia and Damien’s new house.  We stopped our tour at the most precious gift under the tree, our new nephew, Montez.  I couldn’t resist being first to hold him… then I let Eddie have a turn.  He is so tiny and snuggly and precious; I never wanted to let go.




After a tour and a quick moment to wrap the presents we brought, we tried to start the process of opening presents with the family.  Among many distractions (the primary one being: hunger) we ended up putting it off for a few hours.  After a dinner that rivals any Thanksgiving dinner I've eaten in the past, Jaden needed a nap.  Then, Montez needed a feeding.  We got started again on the present opening, but were happily interrupted by visiting relatives.





Tio Jimmy, Titi Jeanette, Nadia, DK, Monica, and Nick stopped in after their trip to the city to see the Rockettes.  They even had a choreographed dance upon their entrance.


The boys watching some football.
We spent time chatting with them, and when Jaden woke up, he opened presents from them.  They cuddled Montez and they headed home.  We got back to present opening...
...but we were all exhausted as it was almost 10:00pm.  We hardly took another picture because we were all so exhausted.  Once the last gift was unwrapped, we headed to bed.






Here are a few more pictures I couldn't resist adding:
 Dondé esta su primo, Montez? Aqui!
Dondé esta su primo, Montez? Aqui!


 Jaden is a little nervous about Thomas the train.








He didn't quite understand why it kept coming close to him... but he sure liked playing with the remote control that came with it!


Handsome Boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment