Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New York City: Here we come!!!


Friday, December 28

New York City: Here we come!!!

We bundled up in the warmest clothing we owned...



 ...and headed to New York City.  Damien and Olivia gave us a ride to the train station 10 min. from their house.  We purchased our tickets and headed out the platform to wait for our train.  While waiting out in the cold, we discovered that we didn’t know exactly what time the next train was.  

We headed inside to warm up and wait another 30 minutes.  We loaded up on hot coffee, hot chocolate and pastries and boarded the train.  It was a 40 minute ride to Penn Station where we disembarked and searched for the correct subway to take into the city.  I was just following the crowd with complete trust that my native-New-York-family would lead the way.  We accidently took the wrong train, but we soon figured it out and were on our way once again.

We walked through Times Square saw the most people I have seen in one place in all my life.  

We were pushing Jaden in the stroller until someone pushed some girl into me and I almost fell backward onto Jaden’s lap.  After that, I carried Jaden and Eddie carried the stroller.  

We walked around the 38 degree city and saw many familiar sights along with many unfamiliar.  We saw Radio City Music Hall...

We saw the tree and ice-skating at Rockefeller Center...





We also saw a Visitor Center that had information about the traditional New Year’s Eve ball-dropping (where you could write a wish on a piece of confetti that will be tossed in the air at midnight New Year’s Eve). 

 
We ended the night with dinner at a Cuban restaurant called Havana.  I am normally not the food lover in this family (you all know Eddie, right?) but I could not stop eating the ribs I ordered. 
They were sooooo good.  They had some kind of sauce made with guava… I don’t even think I knew what a guava was until I moved to Costa Rica… now, I love everything guava.  We ate dinner with Eddie’s aunt and uncle and then his parents joined them for a broadway show. 

Cuñados!
Cuñados!
Hermanas!
Novios!
We headed home with Jaden, but not before stopping in Toy’s R Us where they had a 3-story-indoor ferris wheel… we didn’t ride it, but it was fun so see. 


We were ready to get home and out of the most crowded city we have ever experienced in our lives, but not before I spotted one of my main cravings I had while living in Costa Rica: Krispy Kream in Penn Station (along with every other kind of restaurant you can think of).  We were exhausted and we came home to worried parents: Damien and Olivia were concerned about Montez not keeping milk down the majority of the afternoon.  The doctor said he caught a little bug and that he would be fine.  They had a long night ahead of them, but our prayers were answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment